Wednesday, May 10, 2017

An update on my life

An update on my life


 If you've been following me for a while you will have heard me talk about my struggles in college and the fact that I dropped out last year.
Now I graduated high school in 2009, a long time ago. But I really struggled to find the thing I wanted to do in college. I tried different thing and even changed schools( although not by choice) but in the end, I made the decision to drop out without getting a degree. I could make an entire post about what I think about the system of higher education here in Belgium but I won't.
Dropping out was once of the scariest things to do. I mean all of a sudden I had to start looking for jobs, with no degree or any real experience. But I wasn't happy with my life and the pace my life was going at.

I'm not saying I'm happy right now like I said finding a job with no degree or experience is not the easiest to do. Especially where I live and where I can get with public transport since I don't have a license yet (I could fill another post with the reasons for this). But I'm not doing things that make me unhappy anymore if that makes sense?
If you would have told be at 18/20 that I would still be living at my parent's house, without a degree or a job at 25, I wouldn't have believed you. Even though I didn't now exactly wanted to do, but I had a timeframe. I would get my degree in 3/4 year and then I would find a job that I loved. Save for a year and then get a place with my boyfriend. Perhaps a bit of a naive plan, but a plan none the less.
But I've learned that plans change or things just don't go the way you want them at all. And that that is okay. Everybody's life is different and just because I'm not where somebody else my age is, doesn't mean I'm not gonna reach where I want to be. It'll just be a few years later.

I know this a different type of post then what I normally post, but you might have noticed my schedule has been a bit all over the place. It's not that I haven't had ideas for my blog. I just haven't had the motivation to actually put in the work.
Like I already said I'm currently looking for a job and let's just say it's been a tiresome thing. Constantly hearing you're not the right one for the job get to you after a while. And I kinda let my head down and I wasn't motivated for anything. I wasn't looking at jobs I want to do or working on my blog and youtube. Which would be my ultimate dream job and I know I can grow this bigger if I put the effort in. But sometimes it's difficult when you don't really have anyone in your corner. Don't get my wrong, my family and boyfriend all support my blog, but they don't see it as an option for a real job that pays the bills.

But I try and stay positive because I do believe that if you're looking towards life positive you get positivity back.

Things are starting to move forward. It's not all finished yet but I'm hoping my boyfriend and me can move in together this summer or early fall. And I'm not giving up on finding a job. I've also started evening classes to get an Associate’s Degree In Marketing. And I've planned out my content for this month on both my blog and youtube. So hopefully no more breaks and more growth for herimagination.
Bijschrift toevoegen


1 comment:

  1. Stay P O S I T I V E! it's good to hear you are completely aware where you're at. goodluck on you future Love!

    ♡Courtney Bentley || http://www.courtneyvioletbentley.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all the comments